Monday, November 21, 2005

English 2002

I'm sitting here in English 2002 - Drama. I dont know why I bother coming here. I never pay attention. I should. I had a paper due last friday I haven't started yet. However the Prof said we don't actually have to hand it in on time because he hasn't finished our last papers yet. Glad to see he's on the ball with things. Funny part is i'm acually doing a class with him next semster. Oh well. At least I know he's an easy marker.

So onto my updates. What did I do this weekend you ask? well Friday I went to see harry Potter. First showing of the day and only 15 people in the theatre. People really need to learn the secrets of Mt Pearl Square. It was a really good movie. I enjoyed it. Me and Darcy then hung out for the remainder of the night. went on a quest for chocolate cake and then I fell asleep before I could eat it.. come to think of it I still haven't. Dammit, now I want my chocolate cake. Yesterday I went to see my Grandpa. I really need to start visiting him more. He's getting old, and confused, his health isn't what it used to be and he lives farther from me now. I miss my poppy. I miss the days from back home, waking up at 6am raising the flag and fishing in the river with him *sigh* Its sad to watch the health of someone you love so dearly slip away. He's 94 though, i can't expect much more.

So I posted some song lyrics a few posts ago, "You" by Amy Lee. Its a really pretty song and I think everyone should listen to it. I have - 271 times since saturday. hehe.

So heres what I gather, after thinking things through today and yesterday. After next semester I will have all of my arts requirements done. I'll have 4 sociology courses done and 6 english courses done. that means I have 8 courses left to do 6 english and 2 sociology so i think its a pretty reasonable goal to set for myself to graduate next april. Can you believe it? Little Rhonda Pittman with a university degree and all grown up. After i get that done its my next goal to move out on my own. Partially because I want to go work on my PR program, quite possibly in Ontario, and partially because I'm begining to be sufficated in my house. My God, Cut the cord parents. Its getting a bit ridiculous that i'm 20 years old, they know where I am and how to get a hold of me and they want me home by 1am on a saturday night. I need my independence. I work a lot better when I'm given that and its hard for me to function properly with thtem breathing down my neck all of the time. Oh well. all in due time I suppose.

Well I think I'll pay a bit of attention now. Comments?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ru,
Now I want chocolate cake too damnit!
Yeah, enjoy your time at MUN. When you graduate and get your degree, just remember that it's only a piece of paper. A receipt from MUN if you will; that will allow you to get in somewhere else.
Remember, school for life it seems.
lol
But good luck with the PR program!
I'm sure you'll do great!