Saturday, December 24, 2005

Holy Christmas Eve, Batman!

Well. Its here. Ready or not. ALl this preparation, stress, money time and effort all for something that will be mostly done with by 10:00 tomorrow morning. Its pretty silly when you put into perspecttive like that huh? But thats not what its all about. Its about spending time with the people you love ( no matter how far away they may be). Anyway there is Chrsitmas coming out of everybody's ears so thats not what I came here to write about. My day yesterday was definatly worth a blog so here it is.

So I woke up at 5am. Yes 5am during my holidays. Got showered and all dressed up and by 7am was out the door to go to the Ft. William Building ( the Aliant Building for those of you who didn't know) as there was a beautiful morning set up for employees and their families, with a very pretty breakfast on the 4th floor with a gorgeous veiw of the harbour and the sunrise-ishness. in the background you could hear the Newfoundland Symphony Youth choir preforming ont he main level if the foyer in the building (which goes 6 floors up, the enitre height of the buliding) Singing the most beautifully harmonized christmas songs. It was absolutely wonderful. Its one of the parts of Christmas I still really look forward to. It usually happens on Christmas eve but due to the position of the holiday this year they had it yesterday.

We then left there to go see my grampy at the Vet Pavillion ( his new home). He was out sitting in the hallway in his wheelchair when we got there. Wearing his santa claus hat and his christmas tie. Thats one thing I have to say about Grampy, no matter where he was or what he was doing or even how old and confused he is, he is ALWAYS dressed emaculatly. However, I'm not liking this new place he's in. When we got there his glasses weren't on his face - we couldn't find them anywhere. We asked the nurse who nonchalantly mentioned that they had been missing since yesterday. My 94 year old grandfather who can see better than I can when he wears his glasses has been going around near blind for the past few days because the nurses haven't bothered to put his backup glasses on him. I guess I'm just not used to seeing him like this. Up until 5 years ago my poppy was living on his own cooking huge feeds every other day (he is a chef) and now he's reduced to this. Its hard for me. We sat down to talk to him in the common room there and told us he'd ben in renews this week to see his father. just in case any of you don't get this, he's 94. His father has loooong past. He also talked about getting a car again. My poppy has never sat behind the wheel of a car. Makes me really sad to hear him so confused, but like i said, he's 94, he has a lot of things to remember. He's doing well though. I just wish he was still back at Kelly's Care Home. That place is amazing.

So we left there and I came home and got ready to go shopping with Christopher Downey. No, we didnt go Christmas shopping. He had to buy thongs. thats right. and when we found the appropriate ones he then had to buy some tnght leather pants and a mesh shirt. I've never laughed so hard before in my whole life. people were watching him in the dressing room at value village. One guy called him a fucking pimp. not in a cool way either. I thought he was going to go punch the face off of Chris. It was hilarity at its finest. I also got a moose for David while we were at the mall. I seen him working at bootlegger, and I figured its christmas and this poor sweet boy has been working like crazy because retail is nuts, so i went o sears and got hm a stuffed moose and brought it to him for christmas. I tried to just drop it and leave but he'd have none of it. David is such a sweet boy. Wish I knew him a lil better but he doesn't seem to be too interested in being my friend much, but thats ok, he's super.

Then I came home and had a glass of milk (haha) and started in on a book I wanted to start reading. Its called "A Million Little Pieces" If you haven't read it. do it. You won't regret it. Especially if you know anyone who struggles with addiction. Its hard for me to read. I winced. I wanted to vomit, but i read. It made me think of Charlie, and hope he's ok. but its amazingly written and 100% ture. Its an oprahs book club book. You should really read it. its worth it.

Then it was wrapping time. I hadn't wrapped any of my presents yet because I couldn't get any alone time in my house. no one listens to the "don't come in" rule in my house so its wrap when you can and wrap fast. so i got that done and talked to Darcy for a bit on the phone then hit they hay.

Christmas holidays are going well. not going by fast enough for my liking but its bearable. I miss Darcy horribly. But i've been keeping busy and I've talked to him almost everyday. and I have my friends and my CD's to keep me company. I'm finished work until the new yearso thats pretty awesome too. I needed a vacation, but I REALLY can't wait to get back yto the Student Volunteer Bureau. Who would have guessed I'd fall in love with a job as much as I had with the Rec Centre, I absolutely freaking love the SVB and I'm so excited to start my work there next semester. SO much event planning and organizing,, and maybe even some alphabetizing.. eeeeee

SO this isn't my year in review like I has predeicted., but I need to wait until after tomorrow for that, so when I get time next week it will come. Merry Christmas everyone. May the season of love and giving over take you and may you forget anything bad that has happened this year and embrace all the goodness in your life and thank god for this wonderful time of the year. Have a joyous New Year. :)

12 Cd's left :)

Peace and Blessings

No comments: