Sunday, June 11, 2006

Healing my Heart

Me In Renews at the Grotto today


It's been a rough week. I'd be lying if I said it wasn't. BUt today really helped. It's amazing what some salt air in your lungs can do for your soul. Darcy and I left early this afternoon and droveto Renews. It was amazing. We went to the Grotto and the Church, the Cemetary, the Mount, stopped into Jim and Ted's, went to Bear cove and met a lovely Irish couple and listened to the waves crashing on the beach.

I've been feeling absolutely miserable this week. I just feel like I've jumped back into my normally hectic life way to fast and I just haven't given myself time to let this all sink in. My family has dramatically changed. I don't have any grandparents left. I'll never get my pictures taken with my poppy in my wedding dress like all the rest of my cousins, things like that. But today, being in Renews, doing things I used to do when I was a child, really made me feel refreshed and renewed. There isn't anything like running through knee high dewy grass and letting your hair go curly because of the spume from the ocean and the fog in the air. Just standing there and watching giant waves pound against the shore.. hearing the rocks clack against each other as each wave goes in and out. It really healed my heart. I feel like I can go back to work now and put my head and my heart back into it.

At that I don't really have much else to say. Thank you for bringing me there today Darcy. You truly are the best

Here's to life that goes round on wheels
Death is a thing that every man feels
If life were a thing that money could buy
The rich would live, and the poor would die.

No comments: