Friday, December 24, 2004


I know itys a bit early to do this with a week left to the year but i figure most of the next week i'll be busy and i shant have time to reveiw my year for my loyal readers :)

The easies way for me to do this is in seasons.

This year started out rather drearily. I spent New years home alone as i had broken up with stefan at the time and i spent time at a party full of couples. the breakup, however only lasted a few days and we got back together. I continued going to Mun but decided half way through my winter semester i didn't want to go back and that i was going to apply for a school in BC to do a communications degree.

In the spring I got a job working at my old high school as a tutor. Definatly a fun job. I got paid for doing a whole lot of nothing. it was quite fun. The end of the spring i also broke up with stefan for a second and final time. after three years of going out it was finally over. it was sad but we both know it was best. I also started hanging out with Sean at this point because i had been tutoring him at school.

This lil piece of writing best describes my summer so i just decided to quote this from my journal
One would say , on the outside looking in : Rhonda you lead a pretty screwed up life. And in most cases its true. I broke up with my b/f of three years to persue things i thought were beyond my grasp with him. I've decided on a whim that i would quit going to school here in my home province to aquire a degree i know very little about in a province where i barely know a soul and use my spare time hanging out with a guy whom i totally dig but really doesn't care about my existence when i'm not around. Yeah i can see how from the outside that would look strange. But oddly enough i am perfectly happy. For the first time , in a long time, i feel like i am in control of my own destiny. I am thinking and acting solely for myself. I know that sounds selfish , but for me its a rare occurance. I find myself constantly smiling about nothing and have discovered a new confidence i didn't even know i pocessed.However being completely taken for granted by this guy that I obviously have interest in does damper my mood every now and then. Sure from the outside looking in I do live a pretty screwed up life. But from the inside looking out i see a bright future ahead of me and a strong force pushing me to succeed.

Then in the fall i turned 19 while my parents were in Panama. Dear God i am lucky i only have one 19th birthday. Three day hangovers are not fun. In November i found out i wouldn't be attending school like i had planned.. but god opened a window and i met Ricardo :) I've spent the last month in the greatest relationship with the most wonderful guy in the whole world. someone who loves me and appreciates me. Something i didn't think could happen again... So even though the year started off pretty crappy its gradually gotten better and now i'm happier than i have been all year long. So Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and Yours loyal readers. Thank you for being my friends, my family and my pick me ups in 2004 and i look forward to 2005 with my awesome friends and wonderful boyfriend.

**EDIT** I also worked with Erin this summer and it was hot! we talked about Sex.. A LOT! ( Happy Erin? LOL)

Peace and Blessings!

(don't drink and drive!!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an interesting year! I'm very happy i could be a part of it and make it a little better! ;-) and i'll do everything i can to make 2005 a great year!

I love you,
Ricardo

Anonymous said...

Yeah, interesting for you...
:P
But seriously;

"Treat her right."

Happy New year!

Rhonda Pittman said...

Don't worry Stefan... he does :)