Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Charlie Lacosta.

I've been thinking a lot about Charlie lately, I'm not really sure why. Anytime I go anywhere I find myself secretly hoping I run into him. Just wanting to run up to him and say " OH My God! Chuck!". I wonder if he even remembers me..? I don't think there is a day that goes by that I don't think about him.

For those of you who don't know Charlie used to be one of my very best friends back in grade 9. I really truly believed the sun shone out of his rear, and i probably would have jumped over the moon for him if i thought it would make him happy. we spent an entire summer together. Every day, he'd ride his bike in from Prescott street just to see me. I think maybe if there is such a thing as a friendship soulmate, he would be mine.

Its been three years since I've seen him , three years! thats a really long time. And I miss him soo terribly. I shared so much with him and I told him absolutely everything, and because he screwed up his life, I lost him, against my will we slowly stopped talking, phone calls went from once a day, to once a week , once a month, once every 6 months and now , not call in a year, and with the path he was headed down, I really don't know if he's alive or dead. I know people have seen him , and those people weren't me. Its sad to see someone throw away their life like that. He was a smart boy with such great potential. he was and i know still is a beautiful person, inside and out. Charlie knew the real me, and i really think i knew the real Charlie. I bared my soul to him and he to me. and now we have nothing, he probably wouldn't even know me if he seen me. Its hard to go from such close friends to strangers, especially under the circumsatnces that we did, and its in times like the ones i've been having lately that I miss him the most. When i kno he would make me feel better and safe a secure again... Charlie if you're out there.. I need you..


Peace and Blessings

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Rhonda, every now and then i check out your blog. I noticed this today and had to comment, i know what ya mean i wonder about him too...wonder whatever became of him, where he is, how hes doing, i have a framed picture of me and him in my room and dont have the heart to take it down...he was a huge part of my life for a year or so before you met him and i felt the same way, best buds and then he just slowly faded away. I think its been about 3 years or so since i seen him....hope hes ok., hope your ok, i know he ment alot to you as he did to me, he had the effect on people that made it hard to be mad a him, I miss the big smile, ear to ear...anyways have to go getting too sentimental, we should try to find him but i dont know where to start.... anyways take care,
--Melissa Lee--

Rhonda Pittman said...

We could like make a "missing" poster, similar to what you would for a dog .. I sure wish I had a decent picture of me and him, oooh how unattractive I was in those days. ick. ANyway If you find him first send him my way

Anonymous said...

the missing poster is a good idea, only hes not really missing, its just us that dont know where he is...lol but if i ever see him ill tell him he needs to get in contact with you :)

--Melissa--

Anonymous said...

Charile is my big brother.. this is jenn writing this comment and charlie is doing fine, he's a baby boy now a year old, and a girlfriend for three years.