Friday, August 26, 2005



So here I am. Its 11:09 and I've just settled myself on my bed after getting home from my *LONG* Day of work (7am-10pm). Today was the final day of our summer programs, the much anticipated Bidgoods Summer Blast. Basically in a nutshell the day is 300 children, 40 Staff, 5 Buses, 4 Venues, and 1 responsibility, on me. It actually went REALLY well and i'm so freaking impressed with myself, honestly. I had soo many people commend me on how well it was organized and how smoothly it ran. I didn't get not one complaint from anyone that really mattered. For those of you who don't really know what the Summer Blast is, we take 300 kids and take them to a movie at studio 12, swimming at the aquarena have a bbq and then have a dance. Its absolute madness. It was my first year actually organizing the event, but the 4th year I've done it.

Overall my summer was excellent. I thought it was a really awesome experience for me at such a young age ( in ocmparison to all past co ordinators) to have such a great oppertunity at this job. I'm only 19 years old and I was given a pretty big responsibilty. I'm really glad that the board, despite their hesitation in giving me this job, chose me. I know now i can trust myself to make good decisions, that I am responsible, i can organize and I am a good leader. and despite the fact that i barely had time to breathe in the last three months working in this position this year has actually made me that much more mature, and that much more capable of dealing with great work related stress, deadlines and presentation. It may sound dorky, but this summer has really changed me. I really do believe in my abilities, especially after today.


I never would have done so well without my awesome staff ( see picture above) though. so in no particular order THANK YOU : Joanne, Jill, Sam, Jess, Kim, Raylene, Janie, Chris, Dickie, Michael, Hammond, Kerri, Ryan, Jeff, Stephen, Aaron and Josh!! You guys are absolutely amazing. So helpful and so ready to take on the world all of the time. Also Big thanks to Brenda,
Randy and Nicole. We make a great team. Hope we get to do it again next year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for putting up this blog. I run a website about forex trade signal. If that interests you, visit if you get a chance - thanks again.

RyanB said...

That's good it went so well. I have a feeling you'll be doing this next year even if you say no.