Thursday, April 14, 2005

A Letter to a friend.. here's hoping he see's it some day

Dear Charlie,
There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about you. You were my best friend for over a year and you touched my life in ways you cannot even imagine. You seen me when to everybody else I was invisable. We wasted away a whole summer together and I learned more about life in those three months than I could have ever imagined. But i Really feel I let you down somewhere a long the way. I feel guilty about it constantly. I find myself wondering if there was something I could have done to save you from yourself, and the hideous black world that enveloped you. Chuck is dead to me. Charlie however is still alive.. but resembalance to Chuck is hard to find. I lost Chuck the night I saw him flying high.. screaming foul words at innocent people. Thats the night he died to me.
Was there something I could have done to save you from the drugs? Could I have stopped it? Or was it an endless battle i was doomed to lose from the begining?
I love you. I love you with all my heart and soul. I am here for you forever. No matter what. I know you're not going to read this. Its been almost 3 years since I last saw you. But you're with me every day. In my thoughts and in my prayers. God bless you Charlie. I miss you.

Love Forever,
Rhonda

No comments: